Julie Pryor, founder of Pryority, has a passion for women's health and fitness. Her extensive training in a vast range of fitness disciplines, including weight training, Pilates, massage therapy, yoga, postural analysis and nutrition, enables Julie to design personalized physical fitness programs to address each client's individual goals.
With a uniquely comprehensive approach that blends attention to the mind, body and spirit in individual and group sessions, Julie is able to help each client reach his or her personal best.
Contact Julie today and take your first step towards a balanced lifestyle.
E-mail Julie at Julie@pryoritywellness.com
A COMMITTMENT TO LEARNING
Julie's commitment to learning keeps her on the cutting edge of health and fitness trends as well as the latest research in exercise science. This love of science and the human body has led her to numerous certifications in all areas of fitness.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA): Certified Personal Trainer
- Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy: Licensed Massage Therapist specializing in rehabilitation therapy - CT License #002044, NY License #01255-1
- Stott Pilates: Certified Instructor for mat, reformer and chair, Mat Levels 1 & 2
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA): Certified in the weight room, aerobics, step aerobics, aquatic fitness, and as a Personal and Fitness Counselor
- International Sports Medicine Association (ISMA): Yoga Instructor, Nutrition Program
- The Pilates Center of New York: Certified Cardiolates Instructor
- Touch for Health: Certified Kinesiology Testing, Levels 1 - 4
- Movement by Design: Functional Training
- C.H.E.K. Institute: CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Levels 1 & 2 Advanced Training Program
- Kinesio Taping Association: Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner, Levels 1 & 2
•IDEA Health and Fitness Association
•ECA World Fitness Alliance
•American Massage Therapy Association
•National Certification Board for Massage
Julie was born in the Middle East and lived there for 18 years. She is one of five children of a Presbyterian minister and a missionary.
In 1983, Julie graduated from the College of Wooster in Ohio, where she majored in communications and minored in physical education. She attended Fordham University Graduate School of Social Work from 1986 until 1988. Prior to entering the health and fitness industry, Julie held a variety of positions in corporate human resources.
Julie lives in Fairfield County with her husband, two sons and dog. Julie is co-president of the women's association at her church and sings in the choir. She is a member of the Philanthropic Education Organization. Julie recently completed her first triathlon and loves outdoor activities!
July 10, 2012
Roll with It - The Latest Technique in Anti-Aging
The secret to facial rejuvenation is as simple as a massage – a very special massage called, Face Rolling!
June 25, 2012
Get Happy: The Key to Health and Longevity
We all want to be happy! Read on about what happiness is and how we might achieve it!
June 11, 2012
Power of Human Touch: The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage is no longer frivolous and self-indulgent! It's a viable part of human health and wellness!
June 4, 2012
Relax and Re-center: Balancing Your Mind, Body and Spirit with Meditation
Reducing stress and promoting optimal health and wellness with meditation!